German Shepherd Dog Rescue of Central New Mexico is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) volunteer-based animal welfare organization dedicated to rescuing homeless German Shepherd Dogs. By working with a small network of volunteer advocates, foster caregivers, local veterinarians and shelters, German Shepherd Dog Rescue of Central New Mexico is able to rescue several German Shepherd Dogs every year. We focus primarily on shelter dogs, evaluating them, addressing any medical needs, and providing them with temporary homes. We ensure all dogs are spayed/neutered and we use our extensive experience with the breed to find matching homes for each one. German Shepherds are wonderful – intelligent, athletic, loyal – and we want every dog in our care to go to a loving permanent home!
- Please call us to talk! We find that conversation is our best starting point to understand what you are looking for in a dog. We love to have folks on a list for when the right dog comes along!
- If you are interested in a specific dog – typically listed on Petfinder – call us! We will share what we know about the dog and have an initial conversation.
- If all seems like a match after the initial phone conversation, you will next come see the dog.
- If all seems like a match after the meet-n-greet, then you will fill out a short contract form, accompanied by adoption fee.
- We’ll then plan together for how the dog will transition to its new home.